THESE FAQs ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE - SO PLEASE CHECK BACK TO THIS PAGE IN GOOD TIME...
FIRSTLY.... A completely different approach to car-parking and admission this year...
* ADMISSION: £8 / £5 (<15yrs) NO FURTHER CONCESSIONS.
* CASH ONLY: Tickets will be available from our new ticket booth at the entrance, but we regret we will have no card-payment facility on the day.
* FREE SHUTTLE BUS: Our free shuttle bus service to and from the Tourist Information Office in Welshpool Town Centre will be running almost non-stop all day. No need to get the car out at all.
* FREE PARKING: Only available at Welshpool Livestock Market car park. From here there will be a FREE Shuttle bus to the airfield. We have booked 20 double-deckers so there will be plenty of buses and a frequent service too.
* DISABLED FRIENDLY BUSES: We have booked 2 of these to run alongside the bus service to and from the Cattle Market. So you shouldn't have to wait too long for wheelchair compatible free transport.
* AIRFIELD PREMIUM CAR-PARKING: This is by pre-booked ticket only, priced £20 per car (£10 blue badge holders on presentation of photo ID). Motorcycles £5, again, only via pre-booked ticket. Bicycles, tandems, unicycles, all free to park - bring your own bikeshed though.
NOTE:Air Show admission is not included in this price. Premium Car Parking passes are ONLY available from Welshpool Tourist Information Office. Tickets go on sale 1st April. Tel: 01938 552043. Card-payment facility will be available on all tickets bought via the Tourist Office.
* PREMIUM SPACES: There are 546 premium car park spaces and a further 212 disabled badge holder spaces at the airfield. ADVANCE-TICKETED ONLY
* FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT: You will NOT be able to park at the airport this year unless you have a premium car-parking pass.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The A490 road past Welshpool Airport will be closed to ALL traffic on the day of the air show. You will ONLY be allowed to pass if you have the relevant car-parking pass or other appropriate pass.
* ADVANCE AIR SHOW TICKETS: You can take advantage of our "early-bird" offer on air show admission by buying your tickets in advance from the Welshpool Tourist Information Office. Advance ticket sales start 1st April. Advance tickets will then be available until Thurs 11th June and are priced at £7 & £4. Tel: 01938 552043
* Gates open at 9am. First display, late morning probably. Last display usually around 4:30pm
* First bus from Cattle Market 8:55am
* We've got some noisy stuff lined up this year too. Ear plugs might be in order. I'll give you a head start here - when you hear them announce the Typhoon or Vulcan is about to display then get your fingers in your ears. Ear plugs also available on the Tourist Information stand.
* You can read all about all of the displaying aircraft in our souvenir programme - available on the field for just £1. A right riveting read! And if you happen to buy one of our lucky programmes, then you could find yourself winning something marvellous.
* Dogs are allowed on the field, but must be kept under control - and please be warned that your dog might not like the Vulcan/Typhoon display as much as you do. Click here for our full doggie rules.
* During gaps in the flying programme why not pop over to the Transport Festival arena to check out the cavalcade of smoking, back-firing history on wheels.
* Camping is not allowed anywhere on the field except for stallholders, and then only by pre-arrangement.
* Definitely finally - keep your fingers crossed between now and 14th June for some fabulous weather.
I t's big, it's loud, it's shaped like a Toblerone. In big red letters it has to be Cold-War icon, Avro Vulcan XH558. What a coup, getting this amazing delta wing bomber back over Welshpool again. This is possibly the last chance to see this amazing aircraft flying and is a nerve-tingling billing for our air show. Visit www.vulcantothesky.org
They gave us a great display in 2012 and they're back again. The RAF's Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, this year comprising Dakota, Spitfire and Hawker Hurricane - alas, no Lancaster as it has just reported sick. Otherwise, three glorious veteran machines will be gracing the skies of Welshpool this June.
Silver Stars Facebook Page
Fast, agile, precise and very red. Whilst the Red Arrows won't be giving us a full display at Welshpool this year :-( They will still be treating us to a flypast. And this is still not to be missed. Your air show commentator will pre-warn you where to start looking to see them coming in - the rest is up to you.
We're all very pleased with ourselves this year in putting together such a tremendous action-packed show. When you think of all that's going on in the showground too, this has to be the most value for money day out in the whole country.
Finally, all displays are subject to operational availability, serviceability, the weather and the price of a loaf of bread. See you on the 14th June.
What a coup for Airshow 2015 - The Great War Display Team have confirmed their appearance at the Bob Jones Memorial Airshow, Welshpool next June 14th. In these centenary years, what could be a more fitting display. 10 replica aircraft, of six different types will perform choreographed dogfights right above our heads. Smoke swirls and engrossing aerial theatre. The words you are looking for are dagga-dagga-dagga-dagga !
Well, our poster did say this was "probably the best little air show in the country". Seems many of you agreed with us. More than 50 emails and letters have landed on our desk. Here's a selection of the comments received. Thanks to everyone for attending and for taking the trouble to write and tell us how much you enjoyed it. If it helps, we loved it too. See you in June 2015.